The seasons always guide our creativity. And so do traditional favorites and global flavors.
Roasted Tomato Cheddar
Potato and Roasted Garlic
Broccoli Spinach Parmesan
Butternut Squash & Leek
Brisket & 3-Bean Chili
Lentil, Portobello and Kale
Roasted Carrot Curry
Cuban Black Bean
Tomato Fennel and Basil
Thai Sweet Potato & Corn
Herby Green Pea with Tarragon (available in May)
Asparagus and Dill (available in May)
Watermelon Gazpacho (available in July/August)
Autumn Minestrone (Sept-Oct)
Here is our soup recipe of the week!
Creamy Cabbage SoupDifficulty: Easy
Chicken broth, milk, and half and half cream
Cooked cubed ham
1 tablespoon of salt, pepper and dried thyme
- Grab a big pot and get started by adding the chicken broth, celery, cabbage, onions, and carrots to the pot and bringing the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- In another bowl, stir together cream and milk. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add the cream and milk mixture and make sure to continue to stir constantly. Cook until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Gradually add the cream mixture to the vegetable mixture, stirring to combine. Add in the ham and dried thyme and heat through.
- Creamy Cabbage Soup is hearty and comforting! This delicious and easy soup recipe is loaded with tender cabbage, carrots, celery, ham, and spices. Yum!
All photos by Rick Ferris Photography